MASTERS PEER-TO-PEER COACHING CLINIC
The Legion of Rowers, in conjunction with Rowing NZ, are now inviting registrations for the first Peer-to-Peer Coaching Clinic to be held at the Auckland Rowing Club from Friday 18th June–Sunday 20th June.
Registrations must be lodged and paid by 12th June 2021.
The Auckland event is a “Trial” for the concept; with the possible running of additional clinics at Karapiro & Whanganui. All of these clinics are very much dependent on the numbers of rowers registering.
It is proposed to hold a similar event in the South Island later in the year.
The Coaching Clinic times will be on
– Friday evening from 6pm-7:30pm
– Saturday 8am – 4pm (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided) and
– Sunday 8am – Noon (morning tea and lunch provided).
All meals are included in the camp fee, accommodation is not included, but some billeting arrangements may be possible. All attendees will cover their own costs of travel and accommodation.
The program is specifically designed to introduce existing Rowers, Coaches, Non–rowers and Coxswains to modern methods of Peer-to- Peer coaching for Masters’ Rowers and how to:
- improve technique whilst in the boat with other Masters and/or from a coaching boat
- extend communication skills specifically towards Masters’ Rowers
- improve the coaching of Masters’ Rowers within YOUR Club
- improve coaching of New Members
- increase the numbers of New Masters Rowing
Numbers for this Clinic are restricted, based on the use of two eights & two coxless quads, giving both sweep & sculling coaching accompanied by 2 coaching boats.
The Clinic will include video analysis, nutrition & strength lectures, erg demonstrations & on–water participation alongside expert question and answer sessions.
There is no limit on the numbers applying from any one Club or region. Each club may include 1x person for a free registration, provided at least one other person from the club is a full paying candidate.
The Legion reserves the right to cancel the event for whatsoever reason, in which case all payments will be refunded immediately.
Registration Details :
For information and registration, please go to our online form here
Payment of the required fee will validate your registration, which will be acknowledged when paid.
Any further enquiries can be made to email@example.com
$ 350.00 for Members of the Legion of Rowers (2021-22)
$ 380.00 for Non-Members
Payment to : 03-0104-0099885-00
– Particulars & Code: Name of Attendee/s
– Reference: Name of Rowing Club (e.g. Auckland or Taupo or North Shore)